Waste Management in the Healthcare Sector
While most waste management companies handle everyday general waste, waste management becomes specialised when clinical waste is removed. Rubbish in the healthcare sector follows specific disposal requirements and is managed for a variety of venues.
Venues that Accumulate Clinical Waste
These sectors include the following:
- Orthodontic and dental practices
- Nursing home facilities
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Private hospitals
- Day Nurseries
- Rehabilitation centres
- Beauty clinics
- Private doctors
- Plastic surgery clinics
Types of Clinical Waste
Clinical waste management services in Tunbridge Wells manage waste in all forms and volumes. Some of the items that are removed include the following:
- Hazardous waste disposed of in 5-kilo medium-weight and 10-kilo heavy-duty bags
- Offensive waste, such as feminine hygiene waste
- Hazardous and non-hazardous sharps
- Pharmaceutical waste, including denaturing kits, used for controlled drugs
- Dental waste in the form of amalgam caps, amalgam sludge, and photo fixer developer
Not Your Standard Everyday Waste
You need a waste disposal expert in the clinical and healthcare fields. The kind of waste that is handled in healthcare is not the standard everyday waste. That is why you need to rely on experts in the industry to dispose of the waste properly.
Keeping the Cost Down While Staying Compliant
When hazardous clinical waste is disposed of, waste disposal companies make sure that disposal is cost-effective as well as legally and environmentally compliant. Orange clinical waste bags are provided to distinguish the hazardous material from regular offensive waste. This service also keeps with the current regulatory rules.